Tuesday, September 21, 2010

Jiao Ling, China

This is my first ever family trip with my parents. The purpose is to visit my family in my hometown in China. My hometown belongs to Guangdong Province, near to the border with Fujian Province, a small town called San Zhen in Jiao Ling, in Chinese it's written as 广东省梅州市蕉岭县三圳镇方圆背.

4 Sept - 10 Sept
Budget airlines is lousy but we still stick due to the price, this time we took Tiger Airways TR2986 from Singapore to Guangzhou. My cousin who stays in Pan Yu fetched us in Guangzhou Baiyun Airport and drove us back to our hometown. It took 5 hours to reach Jiao Ling, all the way is tollroad. 

Jiao Ling is a village of Hakka people. Our family welcomed us with authentic Hakka Cuisine. The village is so tranquil and beautiful. All the paddy fields and mountains are so green, the sky is so blue. Weather is very hot in September, average temperature is about 35 degrees. 

The people in the village are so friendly, it is very safe over there as well. People rarely close their door except when they are sleeping. Neighbours sometimes just come to drink tea and have chit chat. I could feel the sincerity that have been lost in big city life. 

We didn't visit many places for the week, we spent most of the time having chat with our family. All the places that we visited, our family over there sent us by car. Below are some of the pictures of my hometown. 

My Great Grandfather's Old House
Authentic Hakka Cuisine
Rounded House
My Ancestor's Altar
Amazingly Beautiful
Another View of Fang Yuan Bei
Xie Jing Yuan's Memorial Hall
Paddy Field & Mountain
Zhang Tan (长潭)
Australian Village (澳洲山庄)
Fujian - Guangdong - Jiangxi Cultural Centre of Sakyamuni
Monument of the People Heroes in Jiao Ling
City Park in Jiao Ling


No comments:

Post a Comment